|

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Traditionalist School

So I've probably already put this stuff on here, but with stuff like this, more is always better and is never enough. alex was actually telling me about this stuff because he was reading about this monk named, well, i'll just copy his email, insert the necessary links, and let him tell the story himself

Alex wrote:

Interesting that you bring up "perennial philosophy". I am somewhat familiar with Ananda Coomarswamy's son who was actually a convert to Catholicism (Dr. Rama Poonambalam Coomaraswamy) and who still held on to the "Traditionalist school". Also I have come across some material from Rene Guenon (he was a Sufi Muslim, no?) interestingly enough from a biography I read on an Orthodox monk/priest Seraphim Rose
who was greatly influenced by Rene Guenon