|

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Sara's Response to Maher's 'Survey'

ok, I will try to answer your questions from my agnostic, ex-catholic, sometimes Christian wanna be (but I just can;t get there and probably never will) point of view.

1. No religion is or can be 100% the truth. Maybe they all have a grain of truth, maybe they all work off the same general principles, but I don;t believe that any religion, basically God interpreted by humans, could be right,.

2. My perception is that everyone is free to believe what they want, but really, who knows who is right and who is wrong. So believe what you want, but in this world, more importantly, let others believe what they want.

3. I hope nothing drastic as I am one of those. Pretty much. I have my days where I think MAYBE he was the son of God, but in general, I think he was the old time equivalent of penn jillette-a little magic, a little illusion, and a lot of opinions.

4. I don;t believe that Christianity was necessarily sent by god either. And if it was, definitely not in it;s present form. I believe religion is an offshoot of culture, not really an offshoot of God. And no, this doesn;t mean I don;t believe in God. It means I refuse to put my faith in any religion.

5. no. No heaven, no hell.