|

Monday, July 31, 2006

D. Bachman's Response to Maher's 'Survey'

1. What religion is the truth and if any, is it the only truth?
First of all, religion, in my opinion, is the true hypocrisy, and can be a crutch of the weak minded, to quote someone else. My faith is a faith that involves a belief system, no works or fancy sacraments. I belong to the Evangelical Society of Friends(Quakers), but there is no one true religions. There is only one true faith. I believe that this faith is a wholly, utterly involved faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe Jesus died on the cross and this sacrifice has tied God’s grace to mankind. Confession of sin to him alone brings about salvation. This alone is what I believe is the true faith. I believe the Bible is the Word of God, so I take it at face value. I don’t believe sacraments or works do anything but provide a mode of ministry and worship.
2. what is your perception and beliefs about people who believe in no god, or believe in some other things like mother nature, natural selection, or any other things?
I believe these people are wrong, and are being fooled into thinking such things. I don’t think they are bad people, but wrong and in peril of going to hell nonetheless. Yes, God is a loving God. This is why he has provided a mode to salvation through his Son.

3. what do you think will be the consequence of people who do not believe in jesus christ as a lord, or doubt his existence in the first place for that matter?
Again, I think these people will not have a peace of heart/mind that they know for sure what happens to them after they die and will go to hell.
4. What do you think of the muslims, jews, Hindus, and others? do you thinkthey belong to religions that were sent by god like christianity? or do you think they are gone astray and in need of some missionary work?
I think Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and others have chosen the wrong faith. Perhaps deceived is the way to put it. I believe the Jews’ are going by the Old Testament and are faithful to it. However, I believe they don’t accept the prophecy of the Messiah coming already. And yes, out of love for our fellow man, missionary work or peaceful sharing of the Gospel is crucial. I would want people to share with me, if I did not know. I always listen to people’s views on this. But I expect the same.
5. Do you believe in hell and heaven, and if so, who will go to hell and who will go to hell? Who will go to heaven?
Those who accept Jesus as the personal saviour; those who believe Jesus is the Son of God; those who confess their sins to him.
Who will go to hell?
Those who do not go to heaven by the prescribed means in the first answer.