|

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My turn to take the book quiz!

1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?

Paperback, because their more fragile that way and I hate dust covers but without dust covers, all books look the same, but paperbacks all look different and it's much more difficult to kill people with paperbacks than with hardcovers, I think people have done enough killing with and over books, way too much than it should have been, that's for sure.

2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it…

Outside the Cave

3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…

'The tao that can be told is not the eternal tao,
the tao that can be named is not the eternal name'

Lao Tzu, Tao te Ching

Another good one is this

'What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun'

the Teacher who was king over Israel in Jerusalem, Ecclesiastes

Another good one:

'And every soul shall be paid back fully what is has done, and Allah knows best what they do'

Muhammad, 'The Companies:70' Qu'ran

Also:

'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neigbor as yourself. I am the Lord'

Moses, Leviticus 19:18

4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be…

Nietzsche, to ask him if I'm right about him

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except from the SAS survival guide, it would be…

World Scripture: A Comparative Anthology of Sacred Texts or The Complete Plato, these are the 2 most sacred books in the world to me

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that…

read the book to me in a soothing female voice while i was reading along with her

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…

the archives at Staley Library where I used to work at Millikin Univ

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be…

people say i look live wolverine, he's been alive almost 150 years, he's indestructible, a killing machine, he gets the hottest chicks, and they get killed by creed so that he can get with other ones, if you think about it, the perfect arrangement

9. The most overestimated book of all times is…

any book somebody is ready to kill for

10. I hate it when a book…

falls apart and can't be repaired, i always hear taps in my mind when this happens

.