|

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Subjective Objectivism

So I"m reading Morals by Agreement by David Gauthier and I ran across this passage, which is pretty much what I believe, which I think was the fourth thing I realized that night, I guess I should say revealed to me that night, so I thought I would share it with all of u! Enjoy!

'The view that each individual is a member of some natural kind, and that each kind has its own characteristic perfection, quite different from that of other natural kinds, is, if not widespread in secular ethics today, yet of great historical importance. But this view has rarely, if ever, embraced a relative conception of value. For the objectivity of each characteristic perfection, its role as a norm or standard against which each individual member of the kind may be judged, has been supposed to depend on considering each perfection to be a manifestation, appropriate to its particular circumstances, of a single universal good. The seemingly relative goods of the several kinds are really facets of absolute good.'

in it's infinite variety and perfect singular unity paradoxically and for eternity<-that was me :)

.