|

Friday, January 30, 2009

Diamond Emanationism

I think that diamonds would be a good example to explain the hierarchy of being according to emanationism. With it's inclusions and color scales, and with the facets within the diamond being able to shine and reflect more or less light, diamonds could be used to explain both the distinctions between the levels in the facets, leo diamonds are a higher level of complexity than regular diamonds. this diamond complexity is analogous to the increasing complexity the closer the emanation gets to the absolute, because this complexity is required to withstand the light from the Absolute better. I don't know if Pseudo-Dionysius ever talked about the complexity of the emanation being a necessary desiderata for the layering of the emanations, the simplest at the bottom and the most complex and pure at the top, the purity is where the inclusions nad the color comes inot play. i could write about lots of different stuff tonight, like his dual mode theory of existence, as a physical being and as a soul, fused yet distinct, eternally united in the Absolute Godhead or Super-Essence. I think that I've finally found what I am, a Pseudo-Dionysian Christian, but I say that with all my mystics, i'm such a mystical whore, aren't I?

yes, of course they did,Emanationists such as Pythagoras, Plotinus, Gautam Buddha, and others argued that complex patterns in nature were a natural consequence of procession from the One (Hen, Absolute)
.